The sundial is given a two-tone antique finish that has a nice contrast between the verdigris of the flat & recessed parts of the dial with the polished letters and raised features. The finish is hand buffed & polished which will make for slight variances in the antiquing and polishing from one sundial to another and are normal attributes of our artisan crafted sundials.
SOLID BRASS GROW OLD WITH ME SUNDIAL
- Robert Browning’s poem “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be” is probably the most loved quotation that we use on sundials. This polished brass sundial has a knot work design and a beautiful Irish claddagh centerpiece, which symbolizes everlasting love. Makes a great anniversary or wedding gift that will be cherished for years to come.
- This 8” diameter, 4” height, 0.5 thick sundial is using the ancient art of sand casting. To cast the dial, an impression of the sundial pattern is made into high quality sand designed specifically for brass casting. Molten brass is then poured into a hole in the sand that fills the mold. After cooling, the sand surrounding the sundial is removed and the finishing process begins.
- These sundials make an attractive focal point in any garden. Gift never says, but it brings your love one more close to you than they are! . A perfect metaphor to represent this idea comes with this Brass Sundial. Forget all about tacky and same old anniversary gifts and invest in one of our sundials. Ideal for Solid Brass Rosette Sundial wedding, for him and her, your favourite couple, your parents or grandparents, dear friends and beloved ones!
- This brass dial will requires no care to further develop a rich natural verdigris patina finish over the years. Brass does not rust and is a perfect material for heirloom quality garden art.
- Manufactured by MEDIEVAL EPIC.