15th Century Hand-and-A-Half Full Tang Tempered Battle Ready Hand Forged
- 15th Century Hand-And-A-Half Full Tang Tempered Battle Ready Hand Forged
- Overall Size: 43-1/2″ / Blade Size: 35-3/4″ / Blade width: 2″ / Blade Thickness: 3/16″
- Blade material: 1065/1095 High Carbon Steel / Blade: Full Tang, Razor blunted Edge
- BONUS: Frog / Scabbard : Leather (Hand Forged in India)
- Weight W/O Scabbard: 2 lbs 8 oz / Weight W/Scabbard: 3 lbs 9 oz
While glancing through the book, The Medieval Soldier, we ran across a hand-and-a-half that really caught our eye. The hand-and-a-half was quite popular during the Middle Ages. It was light enough to be used with one hand, with maybe a small buckler in the other, or you could grip it with both hands, thereby delivering a much stronger cut or thrust. Although the fullered blade was blunte pointed to penetrate joints in armour or to split mail links, it was also wide enough to deliver a cut. The high carbon steel blade has steel guard and pommel, with a wood grip covered in leather. Scabbard has steel mounts and is made from high grade leather.